It's late on a Sunday evening and I have come to the conclusion that I don't think I have enough time to bring my original idea to fruition, to the standard that I would like, being such a newbie to digital art and Photoshop etc.
I have once again been combing through well known images on the net when I found Pinocchio.
This got me thinking about the elections coming up in Darwin and all the lies in politics. It also reminded me about a classic political story that eventuated when I first arrived in Darwin.
The then Mayor, Peter Adamson was accused and convicted of using council funds to purchase a refrigerator, a Darth Vader voice changer mask and some women's underwear. I thought it quite fitting that the former "Lord Mayor" would be undone by a Darth Vader the "Dark Lord" mask!
In my head I can see Peter's face on the body of Pinnochio, trying to tell Jiminy Cricket that he hasn't done anything wrong, despite holding a Darth Vader mask and women's underwear in his hands...

No comments:
Post a Comment